Aimee Bock handed longest sentence yet of 78 defendants in free food program championed by Ilhan Omar

The convicted mastermind of one of the social services frauds in the Somali community in Minnesota, Aimee Bock, has been sentenced to 41 years in prison.
She was convicted of counts related to the Feeding Our Future free food program.
In that program, multiple organizations, under a law planned by Rep. Ilhan Omar, a Democrat representing that district, were able to skip a list of required checkoffs and submit billings for providing hundreds of thousands of meals during COVID.
The meals never were provided, but the taxpayers paid the invoices.A report at the Washington Examiner confirmed Bock, 45, was executive director of Feeding Our Future when the fraud occurred.
She faced a maximum of 100 years behind bars and prosecutors recommended 50.
Her defense lawyers called for no more than three years.
Along with the sentence, Judge Nancy Brasel delivered a scolding to Bock, with orders that she repay millions of dollars.
The Feeding Our Future program took advantage of its authority to approve millions of dollars in fraudulent reimbursement claims for meals “served.”
The report said, “Many of the food distribution sites that Feeding Our Future, which served as their organizational sponsor in exchange for a cut of the proceeds, had recruited into its reimbursement network never actually fed any children.”
🚨 BREAKING: The mastermind behind the Feeding Our Future fraud scam in Minnesota has just been sentenced to 41.5 YEARS in prison
Holy CRAP!
Aimee Bock orchestrated the $250 MILLION scam during COVID, billing taxpayers for fake meals for children.
She deserves every single day… pic.twitter.com/9mLvDIkUfb
— Nick Sortor (@nicksortor) May 21, 2026
BREAKING: Aimee Bock, the convicted ringleader of the $250 million Feeding Our Future fraud scheme in Minnesota, was sentenced to more than 40 years in prison on Thursday. The judge handed Bock a 500-month sentence and ordered her to repay nearly $243 million to the federal… pic.twitter.com/FM35hAAQJd
— CBS News (@CBSNews) May 21, 2026
The judge told Bock she was “at the epicenter” of the fraud.
The report said, “Brasel noted that Bock cannot be automatically held legally responsible for the federal government’s total loss because other conspirators contributed to the taxpayer theft. But Brasel said Bock played a central role in the criminal conspiracy, both in an administrative and financial capacity. Bock, the judge mentioned, signed almost all of the checks made out to the fake food distributors, created a fictitious board of advisers, and forged board minutes.”
Bock had been convicted last year of seven charges including conspiracy to commit wire fraud, wire fraud, conspiracy to commit federal programs bribery, and federal programs bribery.
Bock blamed her Somali accomplices.
WorldNetDaily previously reported that during court proceedings, evidence was introduced that Omar regularly was having conversations with those at Feeding Our Future.
Bock has alleged that Omar knew about the activity.
A report at the New York Post explains that it was in a video interview that Bock discussed the case.
“I struggle to believe that she wouldn’t have known,” Bock told the publication, about Omar.
Minnesota ‘Squad’ Rep. Ilhan Omar knew about $250M COVID meal fraud, scheme ‘mastermind’ claims in jailhouse interview https://t.co/NaDLL10XC8 pic.twitter.com/0cVQKk1fzE
— New York Post (@nypost) May 16, 2026
Minnesota’s state Fraud Prevention and State Agency Oversight Committee recently asked the U.S. House Oversight Committee to subpoena Omar over her refusal to turn over her communications with fraudsters.
“Omar — and fellow Democrats Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz and Attorney General Keith Ellison — ‘played critical roles in creating and enabling’ the fraud,” a Minnesota legislative committee determined.
Meanwhile, the Department of Justice has announced more criminal charges for fraud in Minnesota, where total taxpayer losses have been estimated to be in the billions.
Colin McDonald, assistant attorney general for the DOJ’s National Fraud Enforcement Division, said the cases involve seven Minnesota-run Medicaid programs that prosecutors say were “systematically pilfered by fraudsters” who treated taxpayer-funded services as “their personal piggy bank.”
BREAKING: Assistant Attorney General Colin McDonald announces criminal charges against 15 defendants in Minnesota for executing massive fraud schemes targeting over $90 million in taxpayer funds.
“This is not the end of the beginning of our work in Minnesota, This is the… pic.twitter.com/henNVWFgkR
— Fox News (@FoxNews) May 21, 2026